Something about Nitrile Gloves



Nitrile gloves are considered to be the ideal choice in emergency situations when the allergy status of a patient or user is not known. Nitrile gloves are extremely durable and puncture resistant. Nitrile gloves can withstand exposure to oils, solvents, and chemicals which easily destroy natural latex gloves.

But can we reuse nitrile gloves?

It would depend on how the glove was being used, and for what. Exam grade gloves get discarded after use. If you were to go from one patient to the next with the same glove you would be spreading any infection or contamination. While I might reuse gloves that were not used for examination purposes. Reusing gloves that you wear when washing dishes is an example. The gloves I use to go to the supermarket get washed and reused. The reason we are all using gloves now is to avoid contamination and passing on the virus. Be careful how you handle your gloves and under what circumstances you would reuse them. Have a pair of gloves that I use only in my car. I double glove when I get out to go to a store and when I reenter my car remove the top pair of gloves by folding over and out so they do not touch the inner gloves. I do this while groceries are on the ground and use the inner pair of gloves to remote open the car. l use the inner side of the peeled pair to store groceries in trunk and leave gloves in place there. Close car with elbow, drive home (still wearing inner pair), pop trunk from inside, use stashed gloves to remove groceries. It’s complicated but seems to work.The first time I did it was by accident. I had left a pair of unused gloves in the pockets of my pants. But If the glove is powered, or has aloe in it. washing will destroy it. But never reuse exam gloves going from one patient to another.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

What You Should Know About Disposable Gloves

The Best Guide to Textured Gloves

What You Should Know About Disposable Gloves